Assembler – 1st Shift- Refrigerated Products
Date posted: February 13, 2024
Bethany Road Plant – Refrigerated Products, First Shift: Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
As a make-to-order business, you may be required to work outside of this core schedule including on Fridays and/or Saturdays as needed.
$18.00 per hour
$.50 per hour increase after 90 days of employment
UNIVERSAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Mission of the Company by identifying and accomplishing team and individual performance goals that directly support the goals of the Company.
- Treat all co-workers, customers and suppliers with respect and in accordance with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Core Values.
- Follow all company GMPs and SOPs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stop the line and inform QA or management of any food safety or employee safety issues
- Abide by customer specifications
- Set up, assemble, disassemble, and remove production equipment
- Open and empty boxes or containers of product
- Operate equipment within work area (e.g., scales, conveyor belts, etc.)
- Rotate through different positions as needed
- Assemble product into retail packages and/or boxes
- When labeling, assure proper label is used and the container is verified
- Accurately stack or palletize products
- Move full and/or empty baskets, pallets, boxes, bins, etc.
- Complete required documentation as required
PERIODIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend production meetings as required
- Move pallets with hand jack
- Assist with thorough machine cleaning to assure food safety and quality
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- HACCP training as needed for the tasks or role performed by department
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Reasoning – Follow one- or two-step instructions; routine, repetitive task(s); recognize problems
- Mathematical – Add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers
- Language Development – Ability to understand and follow verbal, written or demonstrated instructions and short correspondence. Ability to write identifying information
- Technical – Ability to operate and control equipment; ability to monitor equipment to make sure it is running properly
- Physical Effort – Medium work: exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly, 20 pounds of force frequently and 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift or move objects
- Vision – far, near and mid-range vision, depth perception and field of vision
- Activity – Regularly stand, use finger dexterity, reach with hands and arms, engage in repetitive motions and grasp; occasionally talk, hear, climb, kneel, crouch, lift, push and pull
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND ADA STATEMENT
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could regularly be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, significant pace/pressure and moderate noise level. The employee is frequently exposed to dangerous chemicals and occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
This role description does not state that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer