Talent Acquisition Specialist
Date posted: September 7, 2021
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will focus on proactively sourcing, attracting and interviewing talent. This position will also be involved in the hiring and onboarding process and will be responsible for promoting the company’s brand through recruitment initiatives and events.
UNIVERSAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Mission of the Company by identifying and accomplishing team and individual performance goals that directly support the goals of the Company.
- Treat all co-workers, customers and suppliers with respect and in accordance with the Company’s Core Values.
- Follow all company GMPs and SOPs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Increase quantity of applicants through pro-active sourcing strategies.
- Devise, implement and continuously develop sourcing strategies, including a variety of social media, to build pipelines of potential applicants.
- Establish connections with local and regional resources, such as high schools, colleges, organizations and staffing agencies.
- Organize and attend job fairs and recruitment events to build a strong candidate pipeline.
- Provide input into overall hiring strategy of the organization to ensure our teams consist of a diverse set of qualified individuals.
- Coordinate with hiring managers to identify staffing needs in different areas and departments.
- Ensure the staffing needs of the company are being met, with a long-term talent strategy in mind.
- Consult with leaders, hiring managers and human resources team on position descriptions, requisition creation, compensation, and sourcing strategies.
- Form close relationships with hiring managers to ensure clear candidate/interviewer expectations.
- Create and implement end-to-end candidate hiring processes to ensure a positive experience.
- Determine selection criteria for candidates by working with managers and other members of staff.
- Work closely with the HR Team and Managers to plan interview and selection procedures, including screening calls, assessments, in-person interviews and employment offers.
- Recruit and perform talent acquisition activities such as resume and phone screens, candidate interviews, background checks and employment offers.
- Maintain appropriate records of all materials used for recruitment.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
- Measure recruiting activities and effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
- Position will require work responsibilities outside of normal business hours.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field and SHRM certification preferred.
- Three years of human resource and talent acquisition experience.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Assertive and forward thinking.
- Self-starter with excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Bilingual in both Spanish and English strongly preferred.
- Strong work ethic and sense of integrity, trustworthiness and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various recruiting techniques.
- Strong experience in using a variety of social media to proactively source candidates.
- PC proficient with MS office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and applicant tracking systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), marketing, presentation and interviewing skills.
- Ability to creatively brainstorm and propose new ideas and solutions to existing challenges.
- A keen understanding of the requirements for each role in the company.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to shift from various projects and manage frequent interruptions.
- Strong customer service, negotiation skills and ability to interact with employees at all levels throughout the company.
- Proven ability to communicate and effectively “sell” the company’s value to candidates and others in the community.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND ADA STATEMENT
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, significant pace/pressure and moderate noise level.
This role description does not state that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer