Strategic Sourcing Associate
Date posted: May 3, 2022
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
This position is responsible for executing the supply chain strategy that focuses on customer success and profitable growth of The Suter Company.
UNIVERSAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Mission of the Company by identifying and accomplishing team and individual performance goals that directly support the goals of the Company.
- Treat all co-workers, customers and suppliers with respect and in accordance with the Company’s Core Values.
- Follow all company GMPs and SOPs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Enter and maintain data in the Company’s inventory management systems:
- Timely, consistent, accurate, and current: Daily Receiving for all plants including updates of critical spreadsheets and weekly cycle count entry.
- Purchase order creation/revisions.
- Run, review, and verify daily/weekly reports.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
Lead and manage supplier documentation through documentation software
- Liaison between documentation software and suppliers.
- Initiate and maintain internal communication regarding status of risk assessment on all items.
- Deep understanding of current ingredients and packaging materials and how they relate to company Food Safety and Product Quality goals.
- Provide support to Logistics Specialist as directed.
Strategic Sourcing Management
- Purchase assigned ingredients and packaging materials to optimize value and quality.
- Negotiate optimal pricing, terms, minimum order quantities, lead times, product quality.
- Maximize inventory turns without running out of materials.
- Identify and lead process for approving potential alternative sources of supply for key ingredients and packaging.
- Understand and support cost management plan and engage current vendors in plan (partner relationship). Continually look for ways to reduce costs. Respond diligently to each price increase we receive in an effort to thwart it or delay it.
- Identify new ways to reduce costs, i.e. reduce minimum order quantities, implement consignment inventory agreements, freight reduction strategies, new materials, etc…
- Place supply orders for quality and production teams.
- Manage new and discontinued material process.
- Cost sheet management.
- Invoice review and approval.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three to five years of purchasing experience
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Working knowledge of purchasing systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to shift from various projects and manage frequent interruptions.
- Negotiating and solid decision making skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND ADA STATEMENT
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, significant pace/pressure and moderate noise level.
This role description does not state that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer