Quality Control Technician
Date posted: May 3, 2022
- May Street Plant, First Shift: Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Bethany Road, First Shift: Monday through Friday, 7:00 am. – 3:30 p.m.
- Hours will vary depending on needs of the Team
- Post training, one Saturday per month required
- Overtime as needed
UNIVERSAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Mission of the Company by identifying and accomplishing team and individual performance goals that directly support the goals of the Company.
- Treat all co-workers, customers and suppliers with respect and in accordance with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Core Values.
- Follow all company GMPs and SOPs.
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for monitoring and maintaining food safety systems in accordance with customer requirements and company standards. In addition, this position conducts employee training, equipment calibration, and inspection/analysis of raw materials and in-process and finished products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Production with food safety and quality related troubleshooting
- Train and coach employees on GMP, HACCP, and other food safety and food quality standards
- Participate in internal quality audits
- File and follow-up on vendor complaints
- Manage and contain non-conforming product
- Maintain and improve HACCP and production records
- Calibrate equipment to ensure food safety and product quality
- Implement USDA, FDA and relevant international regulatory and customer compliance
- Conduct sensory evaluation of our products and ingredients
PERIODIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct swab testing on production surfaces
- Complete longer term project improvement work
- Inspect labels and packaging
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in the science field
- Knowledge of food safety programs, i.e. HACCP, Preventive Controls and GMPs is preferred, but not required
- Fluency in both English and Spanish is a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Excel, database systems, email and the Internet
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with the capacity of prioritizing and planning work activities
- Ability to read charts and graphs
- Strong root-cause analysis
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Basic understanding of manufacturing equipment
- Excellent communication, including delivery of critical feedback, verbal and written presentation skills
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Reasoning – Comprehend several abstract and concrete variables; using logic or reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems;
- Mathematical – Add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers and perform arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages
- Language Development – Ability to communicate information and ideas by speaking or writing so others will understand; follow technical manuals; have increased contact with people; able to interact with and coach peers and Managers in a tactful and firm manner.
- Physical Effort – Medium work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force constantly, up to 20 pounds of force frequently and 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Vision – Far, near and mid-range vision, depth perception, color identification, and field of vision
- Activity – Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, finger dexterity, talk and hear; occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste or smell
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND ADA STATEMENT
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme temperatures, moving machine parts, chemicals and moderate noise.
This role description does not state that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer