Plant Engineering Manager
Date posted: August 30, 2021
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Plant Engineering Manager will be responsible for all Maintenance, Engineering and Project Management activities and necessary personnel in two food production plants. This position will ensure equipment reliability, successful project implementation, and overall management of maintenance and capex budgets. The Plant Engineering Manager will also be responsible for developing and managing a capable maintenance and engineering workforce and will implement and drive proactive and preventative maintenance that maximizes operational efficiency of equipment.
Universal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Mission of the Company by identifying and accomplishing team and individual performance goals that directly support the goals of the Company.
- Treat all co-workers, customers and suppliers with respect and in accordance with the Company’s Core Values.
- Follow all company GMPs and SOPs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage effective maintenance, capital and engineering leadership. Build a strong team.
- Responsible for plant maintenance and plant equipment breakdown performance, effective planning, and capital budget adherence.
- Develop, manage, and implement complex plant projects.
- Prepare requests for capital appropriations, and track, manage and report on the plant capital budget to the VP of Operations.
- Supervise and manage others (both internal and external resources) based on project requirements.
- Improve plant equipment efficiencies through effective use of technology, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), and process improvements.
- Support the facilities by applying new technologies and/or equipment improvements to reduce costs and improve plant overall efficiencies and expansions.
- With the Plant Manager, implement and maintain a strong TPM program, supporting the development of the proper mindset, capabilities, and skill sets necessary for a successful program.
- Provide direct support to the Plant Manager as needed or required.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Process, Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical).
- Professional Engineer license preferred.
- Seven plus years of experience leading engineering and maintenance teams, highly effective maintenance systems, and large capital projects.
- Five plus years of food processing industry management experience as a department leader.
Abilities and Skills
- Strong knowledge of high-performance maintenance programs.
- Experience in efficient capital management.
- Proficient with MS Office programs (Excel, Word, MS Project, Power Point, Access).
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, work ethic, and attitude.
- Solid quality and safety mindset. Capable of being a team player on a strong plant leadership team.
- Must have successful project execution skills in terms of Maintenance, Facility Management, Sanitation, and Engineering.
- Food Plant experience preferred.
Work Environment and ADA Statement
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, significant pace/pressure and moderate noise level.
This role description does not state that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer