Date posted: February 27, 2023
Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our Maintenance Team. This position will report directly to our Plant Engineering Manager and is responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment and the upkeep of both of our manufacturing facilities. This position is also responsible for inspecting equipment and assisting in preventing equipment downtime and taking appropriate corrective actions to prevent both machine and component failures.
UNIVERSAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Mission of the Company by identifying and accomplishing team and individual performance goals that directly support the goals of the Company.
- Treat all co-workers, customers and suppliers with respect and in accordance with the Company’s Core Values.
- Follow all company GMPs and SOPs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repair defective, worn or inoperable manufacturing, building and grounds equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance for manufacturing, building and grounds equipment.
- Engineer upgrades, retrofitting and equipment improvements on manufacturing equipment.
- Research parts and components used to repair and upgrade equipment.
- Assure any maintenance activity does not compromise product safety; comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
- Communicate status of in-process repairs and projects to the production and quality teams as required. In the case of a project that extends beyond the current shift, communicate effectively with the next shift.
- Operate forklifts and manlifts.
- Fabricate machine parts.
- Trouble shoot equipment and building related equipment malfunctions with a high degree of accuracy.
- Perform plumbing, electrical, steam and hydraulic repairs.
- Competence to use welding equipment with average proficiency.
PERIODIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contact parts suppliers.
- Stock parts and materials to department store house.
- Train production operators to use, operate and understand equipment.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED
- Five to ten years of industrial manufacturing maintenance experience at a manufacturing facility, performing preventative maintenance and mechanical repairs on a variety of equipment, preferably in a food or beverage industry. This should include technical experience in one or more of the following areas: electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, computer-controlled equipment, programmable logic controller (PLC) or heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
- Industrial Maintenance Certificate, Technical degree or official certifications in electrical or mechanical systems preferred
- Above average knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and Human Machine Interface (HMI’s).
- High level of electro-mechanical knowledge of industrial equipment
- Ability to use mechanic and electrician hand and power tools as necessary
- Well-developed trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions necessary for product safety
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with co-workers, management, service providers and suppliers
- Ability to work autonomously and with a team
- Reasoning –Use logic or reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems
- Mathematical – Arithmetic, algebraic and geometric calculations
- Language Development – Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand; follow technical manuals; have increased contact with people
- Technical – ability to repair and/or improve equipment, processes or systems using appropriate tools
- Physical Effort – Heavy effort required, exerting up to 20 pounds of force constantly, up to 50 pounds of force frequently and up to 100 pounds of force occasionally to move objects
- Vision – Far, near and mid-range vision, depth perception, color identification and field of vision
- Activity – Regularly required to stand; frequently required to walk, climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, use finger dexterity, grasp or feel, talk and hear; occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND ADA STATEMENT
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could regularly be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, significant pace/pressure and moderate noise level.
This role description does not state that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer