Maintenance Support & Plant Engineering Manager
Date posted: January 23, 2021
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Flexible schedule necessary)
The Maintenance Support & Plant Engineering Manager position reports to the Vice President of Operations and is responsible for leading the Maintenance support team and managing the parts and supply inventory and preventative maintenance programs. This position will also take the lead on facility maintenance, and manage special engineering and lean initiatives as required.
UNIVERSAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Mission of the Company by identifying and accomplishing team and individual performance goals that directly support the goals of the Company.
- Treat all co-workers, customers and suppliers with respect and in accordance with the Company’s Core Values.
- Follow all company GMPs and SOPs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide actionable improvement plans, driven by analysis of machine/process breakdowns/costs/performance leading to improvement in quality, food safety and productivity.
- Review all equipment failures and inefficiencies for improvement and integrate the prevention of the issues into the Preventative and Predictive Maintenance programs.
- Initiate a Predictive Maintenance system which uses information taken from machine/process performance to replace or repair as required prior to failure.
- Support the quick and efficient recovery of equipment breakdowns with a focus and support for food safety, quality, employee safety, productivity, and meeting customer demands.
- As a member of the capital projects team, find the best solutions to equip the facilities and processes needed to meet growth and productivity improvement.
- Ensure the operation of the Maintenance Support teamwork is executed and completed in a timely efficient manner; assign work and create work schedules in a manner that facilitates continuous improvement.
- Manage the Maintenance budget and provide cost/breakdown/maintenance analysis to support established budgets and to reduce costs while supporting production at the highest level of quality.
- Support the Operations and Maintenance teams with the necessary tools, materials, and necessary equipment; ready access to parts and services.
- Manage the preventative maintenance system, keeping it up to date with changes and improvements.
- Manage the parts procurement and inventory system to allow for quick and easy access to necessary replacement and repair parts/equipment.
- In support of continuous improvement: Focus on waste reduction of materials, time and facilities. Review machine and facility preventative maintenance needs and optimize the efficiency of the preventative maintenance effort required. Report key data to the Operations team, such as on-time performance, key equipment failure analysis and other key performance indicators. Manage and optimize spare parts and supplies inventory.
- Plan and administer the Maintenance Support team training and human resource development.
- Plan and track spending keeping within budget.
- Manage supplier partnerships.
- Oversee and ensure that lock out/tag out procedures are developed for each piece of machinery and that audits are completed regularly.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing maintenance; or
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Industrial mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Proficient with preventative maintenance software programs.
- PC proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to manage multiple complicated priorities and tasks.
- Ability to facilitate group meetings.
- Proven management skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND ADA STATEMENT
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could regularly be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, significant pace/pressure and moderate noise level.
This role description does not state that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity EmployerApply Now