Inventory Control Associate
Date posted: November 23, 2021
Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Hours worked may include occasional weekends or off-hours to avoid production.
The Inventory Control Associate is responsible for inventory verification at The Suter Company. This position also helps to ensure that we have the materials available and the finished goods produced to ship orders at 100% fill rate while eliminating production interruptions. The Inventory Control Associate will enable the Supply Chain team to order and maintain the proper inventory level of all materials.
UNIVERSAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Mission of the Company by identifying and accomplishing team and individual performance goals that directly support the goals of the Company.
- Treat all co-workers, customers and suppliers with respect and in accordance with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Core Values.
- Follow all company GMPs and SOPs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Counting inventory – Monthly/Weekly/Daily depending on the item.
- Resolve inventory discrepancies and determine root cause.
- Key member of the PIT Crew.
- Verify actual production and update RAW material usage spreadsheet.
- Accept finished goods inventory into Canopy.
- Confirm counts on Finished Goods, WIP and QA holds
- Order pallets based on inventory needs (white, Chep, PECO).
- Enter inventory loss sheets.
- Communicate weekly inter-company transfer needs based on inventory on hand.
- Implement/maintain pull system for inter-company transfers of specific items.
- Implement/maintain location system for packaging and ingredients and contribute to the future state of warehouse operations, including FIFO, organizational systems, item ID.
- Key partner/liaison between Supply Chain, SR, and Production Teams.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years of experience in a manufacturing or warehouse/distribution environment.
- Forklift experience.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- PC proficient with MS office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), with emphasis on Excel.
- Hours worked may include weekends or off-hours to avoid production.
- Attentive to detail .
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Reasoning – Follow one- or two-step instructions; routine, repetitive task(s); recognize problems
- Mathematical – Add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers
- Language Development – Ability to understand and follow verbal, written or demonstrated instructions and short correspondence. Ability to write identifying information
- Technical – Ability to operate and control equipment; ability to monitor equipment to make sure it is running properly
- Physical Effort – Medium work: exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly, 20 pounds of force frequently and 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift or move objects
- Vision – far, near and mid-range vision, depth perception and field of vision
- Activity – Regularly stand, use finger dexterity, reach with hands and arms, engage in repetitive motions and grasp; occasionally talk, hear, climb, kneel, crouch, lift, push and pull
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND ADA STATEMENT
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could regularly be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, significant pace/pressure and moderate noise level. The employee is frequently exposed to dangerous chemicals and occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
This role description does not state that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer