HR Generalist – 2nd Shift
Date posted: January 18, 2023
Monday through Friday 2:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
UNIVERSAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Mission of the Company by identifying and accomplishing team and individual performance goals that directly support the goals of the Company.
- Treat all employees, customers and suppliers with respect and in accordance with the Company’s Code of Ethics.
- Follow all company GMPs and SOPs.
This position is responsible for providing HR support to Second Shift employees and managers including employee relations, talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, training and development, and ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations, as well as company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide daily HR support to Second Shift employees and managers, continually reinforcing our Company’s mission, vision and values.
- Provide bilingual support and translation for HR related functions.
- Partner with managers by planning and executing strategic HR initiatives that support the business.
- Participate in the recruitment, staffing and retention of personnel for assigned Teams.
- Manage internal job posting process
- Conduct New Employee Orientations and manage Onboarding process for exempt, non-exempt and temporary employees.
- Coordinate and monitor the use of temporary agency employees on a daily basis.
- Coach, counsel and guide managers on employee disciplinary actions, performance improvement plans and other employee relations issues.
- Advise employees and managers on the interpretation and execution of HR policies, programs and procedures.
- Provide prompt and accurate guidance regarding all benefit programs, including various leaves of absence such as FMLA, STD and LTD.
- Remain current on federal, state and local employment laws and regulations impacting Human Resources; identifying developing trends within the industry.
- Assist in policy developments and adherence.
- Ensure all work related accidents are investigated, post injury process followed, communication occurs with appropriate individuals internally and externally and OSHA reporting is completed.
- Maintain OSHA & workers’ compensation files and reports.
- Initiate and conduct employee investigations to address employee concerns.
- Maintain company-wide and departmental training matrices, including entering new training records and checking records and matrices for accuracy.
- Participate in benefits administration and group health insurance open enrollment.
- Conduct, participate in and support organizational training and development efforts.
- Maintain and manage personnel files and department records.
- Uphold the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility. Administer employee recognition programs.
- Review monthly attendance scores and provide guidance to managers regarding follow up discussions.
- Process dental reimbursements.
- Assist in employee engagement efforts and surveys.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation and conduct exit interviews, when appropriate, to determine reasons behind separations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PERIODIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate translation of company materials to Spanish.
- Assist with Company communication pieces.
- Assist with Company social functions (picnic, holiday party, etc.).
- Coordinate semi-annual locker inspections/sanitation.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Organize and participate in Job Fairs.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Three years of experience in an HR or Management level role
- Associates degree or professional certification, or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish.
- Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of employment and labor laws, and principles and practices of Human Resources.
- Experience with Human Resources software systems.
- Strong leadership and project management skills to manage multiple priorities/meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive to detail.
- PC proficient with MS office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Ability to flex schedule as needed to support multiple shifts.
- Ability to shift from various projects and manage frequent interruptions.
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Reasoning – Comprehend several abstract and concrete variables; using logic or reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems; sensitivity to handling confidential information.
- Mathematical – Arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Language Development – Ability to communicate information in English and Spanish, ideas and instructions in speaking and writing so others will understand; ability to gather and organize information to write reports and/or articles for publication; prepare and assist with presentations; interview, counsel or advise people; evaluate technical data.
- Professional – Ability to handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve conflicts.
- Physical Effort – Sedentary work; exert a negligible amount of force constantly and up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Visual – Far, near mid-range vision, depth perception, color identification and field of vision (peripheral).
- Activity – Regularly talk, hear, walk, use finger dexterity; occasionally stand, climb, engage in repetitive motions, reach with hands and arms.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & ADA STATEMENT
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moderate noise and temperature extremes within either company facility.
This role description does not state that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as required. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer