Date posted: January 8, 2022
Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Hours worked may include occasional weekends or off-hours to avoid production.
The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for processing invoices for payment and entering them into the accounting system. This position will also assist the Controller and the Accounting Specialist as needed and provide back up support to the Receptionist.
UNIVERSAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Mission of the Company by identifying and accomplishing team and individual performance goals that directly support the goals of the Company.
- Treat all co-workers, customers and suppliers with respect and in accordance with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Core Values.
- Follow all company GMPs and SOPs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accounts Payable: Process invoices for payment – match to RTS, obtain approval for any discrepancies; Enter invoices in accounting system; Research vendor requests for payment; Process daily ACH/Check run.
- Billing Process: Process EDI customer invoices daily online in Grocery EC; Assist Accounting Specialist with other tasks related to the billing process.
- Cash Receipts: Assist Accounting Specialist with other tasks related to the cash receipts.
- Back Up Support to Receptionist: Answer/Transfer incoming calls; Greet/Assist visitors; Sort Mail; Process outgoing Fed Ex/UPS shipments.
- Provide support to Controller and Accounting Specialist as needed (i.e. internal requests, month end audits, etc…)
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree and/or 5 years of accounting/accounts payable experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- PC proficient with MS office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), with emphasis on Excel.
- Familiarity with automated accounting systems.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, standards and procedures (GAAP) preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attentive to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to shift from various projects and manage frequent interruptions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Reasoning – Follow one- or two-step instructions; routine, repetitive task(s); recognize problems
- Mathematical – Add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers
- Language Development – Ability to understand and follow verbal, written or demonstrated instructions and short correspondence. Ability to write identifying information
- Technical – Ability to operate and control equipment; ability to monitor equipment to make sure it is running properly
- Physical Effort – Medium work: exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly, 20 pounds of force frequently and 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift or move objects
- Vision – far, near and mid-range vision, depth perception and field of vision
- Activity – Regularly stand, use finger dexterity, reach with hands and arms, engage in repetitive motions and grasp; occasionally talk, hear, climb, kneel, crouch, lift, push and pull
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND ADA STATEMENT
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This role description does not state that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer