Last Updated: February 3, 2015
Information We Collect
- Information You Provide Directly to Us: (1) you may be asked to directly provide the Company with certain categories of personal information/PII (e.g., your full name, gender, geographic location [for example, shipping and billing addresses if you are engaging in transactions], e-mail address, telephone contact, a “password” [see below], etc.). You may also choose to share additional personal information in public forums or on sign-up forms or certain pages within the Sites. We reserve the right to collect information through, without limitation, account registration forms, e-mail newsletter sign-ups, and information that you provide to us directly via the Sites and mobile applications; (2) Statistical information is the type of personal information, provided directly or indirectly, that may be collected from you at any time when you are in contact with the Sites or mobile applications but is not used in connection with your PII; (3) We do not collect your credit card information or other financial information (such as PayPal account information for a transaction) unless you make a purchase through the Sites or mobile applications. Additionally, if you make a credit card purchase through the Sites, you may be asked to agree to additional terms. Your credit card information will be used solely for processing transactions you authorize and we utilize SSL protocol in connection with such information.
- Information We May Collect during Your Visit to The Sites or Mobile Applications: When you contact the Sites or mobile applications, the Company and its third party service providers may also collect your usage information. This usage information may be collected through automated or passive means and may include a variety of technologies that collect information whenever you come into contact with the Sites or mobile applications. For example, these technologies record and collect your browser information, the “click-through URL” that linked you to the Sites or mobile applications, your usage information about pages and/or features that you visited, the date and time of your contact, and other similar information. We may also collect your internet protocol (“IP”) address or other automatically assigned identifiers that allow us to identify the device or mechanism through which you contact the Sites or mobile applications. We treat device and mechanism identifiers, as well as your usage information, to be the type of personal information that may be collected from you at any time when you are in contact with the Sites or mobile applications. We may also use this personal information in order to remember you and your preferences. We do not link aggregate data with PII.
- How We Collect Your Personal Information: During your visit to the Sites or mobile applications, we may use the following technologies, without limitation, to collect your personal information: (1) cookies; (2) Flash cookies; (3) small graphic images or web beacons; (4) embedded script; and (5) similar technologies. Cookies are data files placed on the device that is used to access a website. A Flash cookie is a data file placed on a device via a third party plug-in (which may be built into your device or downloaded to your device). Small graphic images or web beacons, other web programming code that may be invisible to you, may be included on the Sites, mobile applications, and in Company e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used to count the number of users accessing the Sites and mobile applications, monitor how users navigate our websites and mobile applications, and count the number of e-mails that were sent and actually opened or the number of particular articles or links that were actually viewed. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Sites or mobile applications (e.g., a link that you click on). We utilize both Session and persistent cookies. A session cookie is a code temporarily “dropped” in your browser through which you access the Sites and mobile applications from our web server or a third party service provider, and is only active while you are in contact with the Sites. This code is deactivated or deleted thereafter. A persistent cookie remains after the session is terminated. We use information collected to: (1) allow for better site functionality while you are visiting the Sites; (2) provide you with information about services and products that we think may be of interest to you; and (3) to collect aggregate (non-personalized) data.
- If you send a third party a communication from the Sites or mobile applications, such as sending a friend a news article or information about a job opening, we may use this information on a one-time basis to facilitate the communication. We will not use it for any other marketing purpose, unless we obtain consent from that third party.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Information We May Share
- We may use third party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of the Company, such as hosting the Sites and mobile applications, designing and/or operating website features, tracking website analytics, enabling you to purchase any goods and/or services, and allowing us to send you e-mail newsletters or perform other administrative services. We may provide third parties with access to your information, including your personal information, to carry out the services that these parties are performing for you or for us.
- Access to certain areas of the Sites and mobile applications may be provided to you in association with third parties and may require you to disclose personal information in order to register for and access products and/or services. Such co-branded areas will identify the third party associates. If you elect to register for products and/or services at co-branded areas you may be providing your information to both us and the third party associates. Further, if you sign-in to a co-branded area with a username and password obtained on the Sites and mobile applications, your personal information may be disclosed to the identified third party associates for that co-branded area and will be subject to the third party associates’ privacy policies.
- Business Transfer: We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for internal purposes. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the Sites and mobile applications, including, without limitation, your personal, demographic, and usage information for the following purposes: (1) to a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Sites and mobile applications or an applicable database, or (2) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
Information That You Share Publicly
- We may use and publish your name, voice or likeness, or other personal information that is part (or the whole) of your UGC for marketing, promotional activities, publicity, and advertising purposes.
Third Party Content and Links